Thank you for your interest in The Park Danforth, where we pride ourselves in being as caring for our staff as our staff is for our residents.
The Park Danforth offers a uniquely friendly and comfortable work environment with opportunities for regular as well as flexible schedules.
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a great organization? Consider applying for a position at The Park Danforth. We welcome you to download and complete an application today!
Click on the text below to learn more.
Current Positions Available
Wait Staff – Several Positions Available
Department: Dining Services
Schedule/Shift: 6-10 hours per week, second shift (3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. weekdays)
Our dining services team is seeking individuals who are customer service focused, dependable, conscientious, patient and able to work in an autonomous, fast paced environment. These positions are responsible for serving our residents in our in-house dining room. Our wait staff is committed to providing a superior dining experience!
We have several part time position offering flexible and rotating schedules. Candidates can expect anywhere from 6-10 hours per week. Hours are typically from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. during the week.
This is a great opportunity for students seeking part-time employment, or individuals simply looking for regular hours with a great team to work alongside! Candidates typically work one or more days per week.
Wait staff or food preparation experience with ability to multi-task is preferred but not required. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints. Must be able to work autonomously but within a team environment. A positive, can-do attitude and reliability is a must!
CRMA with PSS or CNA
Department: Assisted Living
Schedule/Shift: Second and Third Shift Openings (16 and 32 hours/week)
The Park Danforth is currently recruiting for several positions on second and third shift to support our Clark’s Terrace Assisted Living unit. We are seeking CRMA certified professionals with either a CNA or PSS certificate. Our support professionals provide personal care and medication support to our assisted living residents. We pride ourselves on providing quality care with compassion. The qualified individual will be CRMA certified with CNA or PSS certification; at least 1 year experience in the administration of medications in a long term care facility or related field. We are looking for a collaborative team player, with a positive can-do attitude. The ability to multi-task and attend to details is critical. A proven track record of reliability and attendance is important.
Emergency Staff Support
Schedule/Shift: 3rd Shift (Sundays 12:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.) and 1st Shift (Sundays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) and Per Diem positions available!
We are seeking reliable, mature and responsible individuals for two 8 hour shifts per week, plus per diem staff available to cover shifts as needed. This administrative position is responsible for the integrity of the building, its security and that of its Residents during non-business hours. Emergency staff members provide assistance in the event of health, mechanical and fire emergencies. We offer shift differentials during these hours.
There may be an opportunity to pick up additional shifts in support of the E-Staff team including holidays, vacation and sick coverage.
Customer service/Receptionist experience is desirable. Individual with bookkeeping or data entry experience a plus. Must demonstrate ability to react calmly and confidently during stressful situations. Must be able to communicate in a respectful and polite manner. Must be able to read and write.
Maintenance Assistant (Part-time)
Department: Facilities & Maintenance
Schedule/Shift: 24 hours per week, 1st Shift with one day per weekend required
Our Maintenance Department is growing and we have an immediate opening for a Part-time Maintenance Assistant (24 hours per week) to join our team!
This is a general maintenance position responsible for assisting the department with the general building and property maintenance, completion of generated work orders and some custodial responsibilities. We are looking for a candidate that is reliable and responsible with excellent attention to detail. The employee will be able to work well independently and will be required to work in a safe and professional manner at all times. This is a first shift position and includes one weekend day a week. This is a 24 hour per week position with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Time Off) available.
By creating a great place to work, great work happens here.
At The Park Danforth we have designed our compensation and benefits program to be competitive in an effort to attract and retain the best employees. We believe in supporting and motivating each employee to continually improve his/her skills and contributions to our residents, the organization and our community.
We offer benefits to employees that work 20 or more hours per week. Depending on your employment status (full time or part time schedule), you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Pay-for-Performance Compensation & Bonus Program
- Weekly Payroll Deposits
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Vacation & Sick Time Off
- Seven (7) Paid Holidays and Two (2) Personal Days per year
- Retirement Plan – Defined Contribution
- 401(k) plan with a 5% employer contribution
- Short and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Options (Income Protection, Supplemental Life, Legal Assistance, Accident/ Cancer/Critical Illness Insurance)
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Continuing Education via Conferences and Seminars
- Other Advancement & Cross Training Opportunities
A Great Place To Work
Our Workplace Philosophy
The Park Danforth is committed to providing staff with a safe work environment, adequate and appropriate information, training and development, and opportunities for advancement. We strive to create an atmosphere where employees receive the support and encouragement they need to be successful.
The workplace culture at The Park Danforth is founded on the following principles:
- Residents are our customers and therefore, our first priority. They are the lifeblood of our business and deserve courteous and exceptional service.
- Employees will work to the best of their abilities if they understand what is expected of them – their responsibilities as well as our standards of performance.
- Employees should feel part of the team and the organization.
- Employees should act in partnership with the organization to ensure a safe working environment. If an unsafe act or condition is observed, the Department Director should be alerted.
- Employee referral bonus paid to active employees when referral is hired and after 90 days of employment.
In all personnel matters, The Park Danforth will comply with the appropriate laws and regulations. At all times, we will respect the dignity of the employee, and will always seek fair, reasonable and professional employee relations.
Our Workplace Core Values
- Be Accountable. Take ownership for our performance.
- Make a difference. Deliver customer service beyond the Resident’s expectations.
- Value Differences. Treat others with respect, courtesy and dignity and expect it in return.
- Be Collaborative, a team player.
- Be a change agent, willing to lead and support change.